For perfect luxury lodge accommodation in Wanaka
To see our rates and availability, click on the reservations button. If you would rather discuss your needs, please leave your details below and we will give you a call
Special rates for 3 nights or more!
At Wanaka haven, we strive to minimise the ecological impact that running a lodge has on our environment
The following are some of the steps we have taken to keep our operations as environmentally friendly as possible:
- Our water supply is sourced from a bore near the Cardrona River. The water is pumped up to the lodge’s two holding tanks and filtered before entering the building. Used water is channelled though our Biolytix water treatment system which uses worms and other organisms to efficiently convert household sewage into garden irrigation water (for more information, please visit www.biolytix.com ).
- Geothermal heating is used throughout the lodge, powering both our under floor heating and hot water system. This natural source of energy from the ground delivers energy savings of up to 75%. This ‘green’ technology works with the environment and not against it, meaning we do not burn fossil fuels and emit no greenhouse gasses.
- We are committed to reducing the lodge’s carbon footprint as much as we can by working with local businesses.
- We recycle as much of our waste as we can, including cardboard, plastic/glass bottles, cans and paper.
- A new 10.8kW solar power installation is operational since August 2017 and has been added to our efforts to reduce our ecological impact even further. After evaluation of this newly added solar system, we hope to become completely self- sufficient with green technology in the very near future.
Below are a few things you can do to help us preserve our environment during your stay:
- Place the towels you would like changed on the floor or sink. Hang those that do not need to be replaced.
- Switch the lights off when leaving your room.
- We thank you in advance for contributing to our efforts. The lodge is constantly evolving its sustainability policies, with the aim to keep minimizing the impact of its operations.